Antigen Tests, also referred to as Lateral Flow Tests or rapid Antigens, are used to find proteins (antigens) released by the virus. They typically resemble a pregnancy test and require a nasal and/or throat swab. They can be used as proof of a negative result for travel. Continue reading to learn more about the Rapid and Antigen test for travel in Manchester and how you can get Fit to Fly.
Antigen Tests are not only easy to use but also faster compared to PCR tests. You can have your results in just under 20 minutes, unlike the standard PCR test, which has to be passed through a laboratory. You’ll need to wait for up to 72 hours to receive your PCR test result. We also offer PCR Fit to Fly testing as well as day 2 testing. You can find out more here:
Antigen Tests have to pass through evaluation by top scientists before the UK government uses them. This makes them accurate and reliable so they can successfully detect Covid-19 in people with no symptoms who could spread the virus without their knowledge. Rapid Antigen Tests for travelling can deliver a rapid result and lower the rate at which the infection spreads by detecting positive cases that would have otherwise spread easily to others.
An Antigen test requires rolling a swab inside both of your nostrils. This should be done five times for each nostril in order to get a good quality sample. The swab is then dipped into a liquid to enable the Antigen to form a solution before it’s dripped onto a device’s pad, leading to a reaction that produces a result.
– Go through the instructions in the test kit.
– Wash hands with water and soap or use a hand sanitiser.
– Put all the contents of the test kit on a clean surface.
– If the test does not include a pre-filled tube, fill the tube with the provided liquid and ensure the lid is closed.
– Place the tube in the tube holder.
– Blow your nose.
– Wash your hands again.
If the test needs a throat swab:
– Your mouth should be wide open before rubbing the swab over your tonsils (or where they would have been). The end of the swab should not touch your teeth, gums, and tongue.
– Wipe the inside of your nose using the same swab, according to the instructions in the test kit.
If your test requires a nose swab only:
– Using the swab, wipe the inside of your nose as stated in the test kit instructions.
– Dip the end of the swab into the liquid in the tube.
– Move the liquid from the tube to the test strip.
– Wait until the time stated in the test kit instructions is up.
– Read your result.
You shouldn’t exceed the waiting time as per the test kit instructions as it may interfere with the accuracy of the results.
It’s important to note that you should not take the Antigen test if you have Covid-19 related symptoms. Instead, follow the government regulations as far as testing and self-isolation are concerned.
Get in touch with us to book your appointment or visit us today for your Rapid and Antigen test for travel. This will allow you to get a Fit to Fly certificate that will enable you to fly safely this season!