April 25, 2023
Travel Clinic Stockport – No.1 Vaccination Clinic in Manchester
Travel Clinic Stockport
At our Travel Clinic in Stockport, we provide a wide array of essential travel vaccinations to safeguard your health, regardless of your destination. Our well-informed team stays current with the latest travel advice, offering tailored recommendations based on your individual requirements. Contact us for a complimentary, no-obligation consultation at the most sought-after Travel Clinic in Stockport.
Convenient and Accessible Travel Vaccination Services
Our expert pharmacists administer on-site travel vaccinations and assessments across all our branches, with our most popular branch being at Heald Green Pharmacy. Alongside our in-pharmacy services, we can also coordinate home visits or vaccinations at your workplace. If this interests you, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Assessment and Vaccine Recommendations
A travel risk assessment allows our pharmacists to discuss your travel-related risks and suggest suitable measures to ensure your well-being. Ideally, you should reach out to us 6 to 8 weeks before your departure, and no later than 4 weeks before, to guarantee full protection from the vaccines we provide. If your trip is sooner, get in touch anyway – we may still be able to offer vital travel health information, always free of charge.
During the assessment, our team will:
- — Conduct consultations privately and confidentially in our consultation rooms
- — Confirm that your routine immunisations are up-to-date
- — Evaluate your specific health risks
- — Advise necessary vaccines and/or anti-malarial tablets
- — Vaccinate you on the spot if we have the vaccines available. That’s why it’s crucial to book beforehand, so we can acquire the necessary stock.
- — You should bring your vaccine travel card or any apps with you that store your travel history information.
Popular Travel Vaccinations and Medicines
We continually update the range of vaccines and medicines offered at our Travel Clinic in Stockport. In addition to vaccinations, we also supply all the Travel Essentials you need, providing a comprehensive 360-degree solution.
Take a look at the most popular vaccines and medicines available from our pharmacy:
- — Cholera: Prevalent in Africa, Central America, and Asia, cholera is a bacterial infection spread through contaminated food and water.
- — Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Poliomyelitis: This vaccine may be recommended if you’re travelling to an area with a high risk of contracting these diseases or limited access to medical care, and you haven’t had a booster in the last ten years.
- — Hepatitis A: Found in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and South America, hepatitis A is transmitted through contaminated faecal matter, often via infected food and water.
- — Hepatitis B: Hepatitis B is common in both developed and undeveloped countries and is typically spread through unprotected sex, needle-sharing, unsanitary tattoo parlours, barbershops, and nail salons.
- — Japanese Encephalitis: This mosquito-borne disease is found in South East Asia, Japan, and tropical regions of Australia, with occasional epidemics in China and India. There is no cure for Japanese encephalitis.
- — Meningitis ACWY Vaccination for Hajj or Umrah: This bacterial infection is most common in sub-Saharan Africa but can also occur in crowded environments with poor hygiene, such as universities and army camps.
- — Rabies: Rabies is commonly found in Thailand, Brazil, and India and is spread through bites and scratches from infected animals or humans.
- — Tick-borne Encephalitis: This tick-borne virus is present in eastern, northern, and Central Europe, as well as eastern Russia, East Asia, China, and Japan.
- — Yellow Fever: A severe infectious disease spread by mosquitoes and prevalent in parts of Africa, South America, Central America, and Trinidad in the Caribbean.
- — Altitude Sickness: Quick exposure to low oxygen levels at high altitudes can lead to altitude sickness. Acute mountain sickness (AMS) is its mildest form, with symptoms such as headaches, vomiting, fatigue, difficulty sleeping, and dizziness.
- — Malaria: A life-threatening disease carried by infected mosquitoes, malaria is widespread in equatorial tropics and subtropics.
Always Get the Essential Vaccinations for Your Travels
Understanding the potential fatality of diseases abroad is crucial. Secure your health and safety on your journey with our all-encompassing travel vaccination services in Stockport. Our exceptional team will offer personalized recommendations tailored to your destination and specific requirements. Schedule your appointment with us, and let’s ensure you travel securely and confidently.
This blog post was written on behalf of the South Manchester Travel Clinic by Pharmacy Mentor.